Golders Green College offers high quality English language courses for overseas students. The college is situated in North West London in a safe, residential area.
We are situated on a vibrant high street in the heart of Golders Green (north west London) above two coffee shops where you can meet up with friends and enjoy your break time. Simply walk up the stairs and you will find our main reception area. Our classes are held in bright rooms with period windows spread over three floors.
In addition to English language courses, we also offer the Trinity Cert TESOL. This is a teacher training qualification which will enable you to teach EFL or ESOL all over the world.
We offer English language courses at all levels from Beginner to Advanced in the morning (Monday to Friday, 09.30-12.30) and we offer 3 levels in the afternoon (Monday to Friday, 14.00-17.00). We also offer conversation classes and a pronunciation class in the afternoon. You may also be able to attend our free afternoon classes that are taught by our trainee teachers when we run our teacher training course.
All our teachers have recognised qualifications such as the Trinity Cert TESOL or the Cambridge CELTA. Our teacher trainers also have advanced qualifications such as the Cambridge DELTA. All teachers satisfy the British Council requirement for professional standards and qualifications.
Most students on our English language courses are over 18 years old however, we do accept students aged 16-17. Please note the following:
- 16-17 year olds will be treated as adults and attend classes with adults.
- We do not supervise students at break times and they will travel between the school and their homestay or guardian’s home unsupervised.
- We can arrange homestay accommodation either with one of our homestay hosts or through an agency called Host International. Students aged 16-17 years old will be provided with meals by their homestay host.
- Parents or guardian’s must inform the college in writing if they have made alternative accommodation arrangements.
- All parents or guardians of students aged 16-17 years old must sign a consent form agreeing to the above.
The college’s social programme is not compulsory and is not specifically designed for under 18s and certain activities are not suitable for students under 18. We do aim to provide some activities that are suitable for under 18s. Students attending social events will travel home alone.
We have a computer room where you can check and send emails and surf the internet. We also have Wi-Fi all over the college so you can access the internet on your mobile or other device.
Golders Green College is accredited by the British Council and is a member of the English UK. Our Cert TESOL teacher training course is validated by Trinity College London.