Terms and Conditions
To enrol a student we need to receive payment of tuition and registration fees in full. If students want us to arrange accommodation on their behalf, we will require payment of two weeks’ rent as deposit plus £30.00 finding fee. Please note that students are responsible for all bank charges.
- There is no reduction or refund in fees where a course includes a public holiday.
- Please note that the college is also closed from 17 December for three weeks for Christmas. However, you will not be charged for these two weeks if your course overlaps this period.
- Fees are not transferable to any other student under any circumstances.
- If a Student Visa is refused by the Home Office, Embassy or Port of Entry:
- All fees received, less £250 (exc. reg fee), will be refunded. The student will have to show the original letter of refusal from the Home Office or Port of Entry. This must be received before the course is due to start.
- If a visa is refused due to bad attendance, fees paid are non-refundable.
- When a student enrols on a course, this forms a contract with the college. This contract cannot be cancelled without the agreement of Golders Green College. The College will keep all or part of fees paid to help pay for costs incurred. Students must tell the college before they enrol if they have been refused a visa in the past.
- If, in the opinion of the British Embassy, a student is not bona fide or genuine, all fees paid will not be refunded.
- If students do not attend class without informing the College for a period of two weeks or more, all fees will be forfeit and the student’s place at the college will be withdrawn. If the student is in the UK on a Student Visa, the college will inform the Home Office of non-attendance.
- In order to start processing a refund, we need to receive the original letter of refusal issued by the British immigration authorities. Please note that faxed or scanned/emailed copies of the letter of refusal will not be acceptable. Once all necessary documents are in order, the college will refund the fees received less £250 administrative charges(exc reg. fee) (please note that we will only refund accommodation fees if your visa is refused and if you have given us 10 days’ notice).
- All students must book their allowed holidays at least 7 days in advance, and for a full week (or full weeks thereafter) commencing on a Monday. The college will not extend courses for holidays taken mid-week or without enough notice. Holidays can only be changed and/or cancelled by giving 7 days’ notice. When a student enrols on a course, this forms a contract with the college. This contract cannot be cancelled without the agreement of Golders Green College. The College will keep all or part of fees paid to help pay for costs incurred.
In the event of any complaint about your teacher our course content or any other matter please refer to our DOS, Mei Ling Delmonte in the first instance. If you are not satisfied please contact the Principal Mr David Simons (email@example.com).
- If you are an EU or non-Visa student a refund of 50% of the course fee is made if we are notified in writing ten days or more before the commencement of the course. No refunds are possible once the course has commenced.
- Classes cannot be changed mid-week. All class changes will start from Monday. Please note that you can only change class if there is a space in the class into which you wish to transfer.
- The time of classes is subject to availability, even though every attempt is made to place students at the time of their choice.
- The college reserves the right to change any teacher, timetable and/or classroom, and classroom location and to combine classes if necessary.
- The college reserves the right to remove students from the class register if their attendance is not satisfactory.
- All students are expected to behave in an orderly manner. Wilful damage to our property or threatening behaviour to our staff will lead to expulsion from the college. Expelled students will be held personally responsible for rectifying any wilful damage to our property or staff in the case of such occurrence. In the event of such expulsion no refund of fees will be made.
- Students are advised that the college, its employees and its representatives accept no responsibility for personal injury and/or loss of/damage to personal property on our premises, whether by fire, burglary, theft or otherwise. This condition also applies to public and private places when students are on college trips/excursions.
- If the school must close because of government order, classes will take place online. In this instance fees will transfer without refund for as long as closure lasts.
- Please note that any disputes will be covered by English Law
- Golders Green College is the EFL training arm of Oxford Colleges International Reg.
Charity no: 1002034
Health and safety
Your safety is a priority for us and the school maintains good standards in this area. We comply with all relevant legislation relating to Health and Safety. In particular we are concerned with fire safety and conduct regular fire drills, we conduct careful risk assessments to ensure that the whole building is safe, and we maintain a high standard of hygiene in catering areas. Whenever clients leave the building on official business we take care to ensure that any possible risks are considered and any necessary steps are taken to reduce the likelihood of problems.
Our premises are not suitable for clients in wheelchairs.
Visual and audio impairment, dyslexia etc
We can usually help clients with some difficulties with their sight or their hearing but our courses are probably not suitable for the totally blind or the very deaf. Please contact us if you think you may need special arrangements.
If you are dyslexic it is very helpful if you can tell us in advance. In particular, if you are planning to take an examination we can make special arrangements for you but we need to know in good time.
Mental health issues
The school is a small, friendly and supportive place, and people who are nervous or anxious about being away from home will find a friendly welcome and personal support to help them to adjust to life in an unfamiliar environment. However, we do not have the staff or the facilities to accept clients with significant mental health problems and we strongly advise clients – or their parents or sponsors – to tell us before enrolling anyone who has a history of mental health problems so that we can advise whether our courses are suitable.
Golders Green College and School of English Ltd
11 Golders Green Road, London NW11 8DY
Golders Green College wants you to learn as much as possible during your time at our college. However, if you are not happy with the service you receive, you can do the following:
Stage 1 – Informal resolution
- Talk to your teacher.
- He/she will try and help you quickly and informally.
- If your teacher cannot help, he/she should speak to the Principal/DOS.
- If the Principal/DOS cannot help, she will speak to the CEO.
- The Principal/DOS will write down all complaints.
Stage 2- Formal resolution
- If the Principal/DOS cannot help you, you should write to the CEO. The CEO will then try to help you.
- The CEO will meet you, if necessary, to discuss the situation and try to help you.
- If you are still not happy, you can contact English UK/British Council.
- Written records of all complaints will be kept
Students can be assured that all concerns and complaints will be treated seriously and confidentially.
A written record of all complaints will be kept for 3 years.