English Language College
Tel: +44 020 8905 5467
Golders Green College
11 Golders Green Road
London, NW11 8DY
British Council

The only accredited English college in Golders Green.


Please read the list of Frequently Asked Questions to see if this covers what you would like to know. If it does not, please do not hesitate to contact us to receive a direct response from a member of our experienced staff.

  • Q: Is Golders Green College accredited by the British Council?

    A: Yes, Golders College is accredited by the British Council
  • Q: Can I take a part-time course?

    A: Yes, you can study 2 days, 3 days, 4 days or 5 days a week.
  • Q: How do you check my level?

    A: On your first day we will give you a written test and a speaking test.
  • Q: How many students will be in my class?

    A: The average number in a class is 12 and our maximum is 24.
  • Q: Can I book a holiday during my course?

    A: Yes, you will need to fill in a form in reception or online.
  • Q: Where do the students come from?

    A: Students come to Golders Green College from all over the world. At our last check, we had over 30 different nationalities.
  • Q: Are the teachers qualified?

    A: All our teachers hold internationally recognised teaching qualifications; either the Cambridge CELTA or the Trinity Cert TESOL. Some teachers also hold advanced qualifications such as the Trinity Dip TESOL, Cambridge DELTA or an MA in EFL.
  • Q: How can I pay?

    A: You can pay by bank transfer, credit or debit card or in cash. Credit cards have a 3% surcharge.
  • Q: Will I receive a certificate at the end of my course?

    A: Yes, you need to fill in a request form in reception or online.
  • Q: Do you offer courses for children?

    A: Students aged 16 and above can join our standard adult classes. We can run courses for groups of children all year round as long as they are in a group of at least 15 and are accompanied by a group leader. Please contact us for more details.
  • Q: Can I take one-to-one classes?

    A: We can arrange for a one-to-one tutor who will create lesson to suit your exact needs.
  • Q: What should I do if my course is too easy or difficult?

    A: Please discuss this with your teacher and/or the Principal/DOS.
  • Q: Do I need a student visa to study in the UK?

    A: If you from a non-EU country, you may need to apply for a visa. Our friendly and efficient team of administrators will provide all assistance required for you to process your genuine visa application when you enrol at the college. Here is a quick summary of the visa types available:

    Type of Visa

    Student Visitor Visa (SVV)

    Extended Student Visitor Visa (ESVV)

    Child Visitor Visa




    Under 18

    Course Length

    Up to 6 months

    Up to 11 months

    Up to 6 months

    Can I work in the UK?




    Minimum level of English




    Do I need a visa letter?

    Visa Letter

    Visa Letter

    Visa Letter

    You must show your visa letter / visa to Immigration Control when you arrive at the airport.

    1. You must bring your passport with you on your first day at Golders Green College.

    For up-to-date information on visas, please follow the link below to the Home Office website:

  • Q: Why are the afternoon classes cheaper?

    A: The morning classes are more in demand than the afternoon classes so we offer a reduced price for the afternoon classes.
English Courses London